The use of decorative mirrors has become more popular over the past decade, as they can provide an interesting way to add texture and color to a room. They can be used in many ways, from a simple accent to the makeover of the entire interior. They can hang on the walls, stick to the door or put on a bookcase. In our mini guide, we suggest how to find the perfect mirror for your home.
Decorative mirror - which one is the best to choose?
Mirrors are an inseparable part of the arrangement in private and commercial spaces. They have a practical and decorative function. Some activities that we perform during the day could not be practically done without mirrors. Due to their functional side, they are most often installed in bathrooms, bedrooms and hallways, but more and more often they are also becoming part of typically decorative projects.
Currently, there are many types of mirrors on the market, each of which has its own unique style and purpose. The development of technology has also influenced the interior design industry, and thus you can now try to buy a mirror specially created for fans of gadgets.
Which mirrors are the most popular on the market?
- Frameless mirror - this type of mirror is often used in bathrooms and other rooms where it is supposed to have a more practical function. Frameless mirrors are also popular with people who want their bathrooms to look more modern. Most often they are rectangular mirrors glued to the wall with a special, strong glue.
- Framed mirror - can be used in any room in the home and can be adapted to any style. Very often found in bedrooms - hung or leaning against the walls. Often used to create the illusion of space in small rooms. Mirror frames can be very different, but usually round mirrors in a black frame and rectangular mirrors in a white frame are bought.
- LED illuminated mirror - This type of mirror has become an indispensable piece of equipment in many bathrooms and bedrooms around the world. An LED mirror is more expensive than other types of mirrors, but provides better lighting for people who are doing makeup or shaving. It is designed to provide better illumination that conventional incandescent bulbs are unable to provide due to their smaller size and lack of light intensity.
- Cosmetic / make-up mirrors - often magnifying / with lights / smaller sizes - are essential in the beauty industry. They allow you to apply makeup and improve the appearance. Nowadays, cosmetic mirrors have evolved with the advancement of technology. In addition to ordinary mirrors, you can often find mirrors with large LED bulbs in home wardrobes.
- Mirrors controlled by a smartphone - something for enthusiasts of technological novelties. It is a smartphone controllable mirror that can do anything from changing the lighting in the room to playing music. This way you don't have to worry about having another device on the counter or getting tangled with wires, because everything is wireless!
What kind of decorative wall mirror for the living room?
The decorative side of the mirror will be especially important when arranging the living room. For the living room, it is worth choosing a mirror of an unusual shape with an attractive frame. Where to put it? Preferably in the center of the room and not obscure additional decorations. It is worthwhile to paint the wall on which it will hang in a strong, contrasting color - e.g. bottle green, red or brown.
Golden wall mirror - a fashionable addition to the interior
When discussing mirrors for the living room, it is worth mentioning the mirror trend that has appeared in the decorating industry in recent years. We are talking about golden wall mirrors, which have become an inseparable part of a glamor-style arrangement.
A large gold mirror will be a perfect focal point in the living room. It can be hung on the wall or placed on the floor next to designer flowerpots or an armchair. Its beauty will be emphasized by a matching color lamp standing next to it, the light of which will reflect from the surface of the mirror and the frame.
The hallway is the showpiece of your home, so it's important to create an inviting space. Which decorative mirror should you choose for the hall? Preferably large in an interesting frame! It is worth hanging it over a table designed in a similar style. If you have a small hall, remember that the decorations next to the mirror should be subtle and not cause unnecessary chaos. And if you fancy a bit of decorative madness, then use a few mirrors!
Decorative bathroom mirrors
A mirror in the bathroom is the basis of the arrangement. You cannot do without it in this place, which is why it is so important to choose it according to our needs. Not only the size, but also the style, shape and additional functions will be of great importance. It is therefore important to focus on your own needs.
Bathrooms are most often fitted with large, rectangular or round frameless mirrors, which are not only to help with everyday preparations, but also to visually enlarge the space. More and more often they are LED mirrors or mirrors with additional light bulbs that perfectly illuminate the face. If you like to listen to music in the bathroom, it is worth investing in bathroom mirrors with a radio function or those that connect directly to our smartphone.
A selection of decorative mirrors
A decorative mirror is an indispensable element of any room. They can be used to reflect light and make a room more spacious, which is why they are so popular in bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms and hallways. But it also has the power to completely change the look of the interior. If you are looking for a new mirror for your home or office, check out our wide range of decorative mirrors.